Cool, refreshing, creamy but also a little crunchy, this yoghurt-cucumber dip pairs best with grilled meat, seafood, spicy mains or pilaf.
- 500 g thick yoghrt preferably Greek
- 1 large cucumber or 2 medium
- 1 clove minced garlic optional
- 4 tsp dried mint
- 1/2 cup raisins
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 cup pistachios / walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried rose petals
Grate the cucumber, sprinkle some salt and allow to sit for 10 min. Squeeze out water.
Add the grated cucumber and minced garlic (if using) to yoghurt.
Also add in the raisins and season with salt and pepper.
Rub 3 tsp mint in the hands and fold in the yoghurt.
Shortly before serving, decorate with rose petals, 1 tsp mint and pistachios.