Best Chicken Satay & Peanut Sauce Recipe Ever!
Strips of chicken breast marinated in Asian flavors, skewered, and then quickly grilled on the stove top. The BEST dipping peanut sauce makes the meat over-the-top delicious.
- 700 g chicken filet
- 1 Tbsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup lemon grass
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp mild curry powder e.g. Madras curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 Tbsp evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp oil
- 3 Tbsp Massaman curry paste
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp palm sugar
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce or more
- 1 Tbsp tamarind pulp
- 8 Tbsp peanut butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 Tbsp crushed roasted peanuts
Cut the chicken in long, slightly wide but thin strips.
Take garlic, fresh coriander and lemon grass in a small food processor and blend to a fine paste.
Mix with rest of the ingredients in a bowl and marinate the chicken strips for at least 40 min (overnight is best).
Thread the chicken meat onto the bamboo skewers. The skewers should not be visible through meat!
Heat a grill pan until piping hot. Grill chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until nicely charred. NO OIL required!
Heat oil in a small sauce pan and fry the curry paste in it until aromatic.
Add in the coconut milk and rest of the ingredients and stir thoroughly.
Cook on medium heat while stirring continuously until the peanut sauce turns smooth. Adjust seasoning by adding more fish sauce or brown sugar for sweetness.
As soon the oil separates, remove from heat and serve.
- The cutting of chicken filet makes a huge difference. Make sure to watch my video (in the Instagram highlights) before starting off!
- If you don't have a grill pan, use a non stick frying pan. Do not use any oil, the coconut milk in the marinade will release fats on its own.
- The marinade can be frozen, so can be the peanut sauce.
- The peanut sauce thickens if refrigerated, always add a little boiling water before serving.