This chicken recipe is another family classic from my grandmother and a regular feature in my mother´s house.
It’s got a little bit of spice, nice citrus touch and a whole lot of flavour! Also, ready in less than 45 min using some basic ingredients. What else can one ask for? Right?
It’s amazing how a handful of simple ingredients cooked together can be so flavorful. I think what sets this chicken recipe apart from others is the combination of the green chili and clarified butter (desi Ghee). A yummy combination in my book.
What Ingredients To Use?
This easy chicken dish only takes minimal ingredients:
- Chicken : Here’s the deal with chicken pieces, the smaller they are, the more they soak up the flavour. Use chicken without skin and with bones.
- Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee: is the real booster. Try not to substitute it with oil or other fats.
- Fresh Green Chili & Garlic: This is where you can adapt the recipe to accommodate your spice level. It is is written with classic ratios of garlic to chicken and seasoned salt, but you can use tons of green chilis to switch it up!
- Yoghurt: I love using thick yoghurt in this dish because it packs a lot of creamy punch but you can use whatever type you prefer and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Lime Juice: is to give a little tang and refreshing flavour.
What To Serve With?
The green chili infused chicken is a keeper and I know you will love the recipe too! My family prefers having it with lentils and rice (Daal Chawal) or on it’s own without anything else.
Looking For More Chicken Recipes ? Try These:
Are You Making This Chicken Recipe?
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do and I would love to get some feedback if you make it. Please take a moment to come back and leave me a comment below. It would be even more amazing if you rate it!
Green Chili infused Chicken
- 1 kg chicken cut in pieces
- 2 tsp pressed garlic
- 3 Tbsp clarified butter desi ghee
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup thick yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp green chili paste
- 2 tsp lime juice to drizzle on top
- Take chicken, garlic and butter ghee in the cooking pan.
- Add water and salt.
- Allow to cook until almost done.
- Remove from heat, add in the beaten yoghurt and chili paste.
- Cook uncovered on high heat until the liquid is evaporated and ghee separates.
- Drizzle lime juice and garnish with chopped green chili.